Welcome to the Website of Attorney Dave Tipton
Are you running or managing a business and overwhelmed with legal issues? Do you have a commercial, business, real estate or litigation issue to resolve? Do you need local counsel, trial counsel, co-counsel, in-house counsel, Florida counsel or conflict-referral counsel? Are you looking for a mediator? Do you need help with a Florida law matter? Are you looking for someone with legal experience in the golf industry? In private practice in Indiana and Florida since 1984, Indianapolis attorney DAVE TIPTON has been helping businesses, people and lawyers (yes, lawyers are people too, contrary to some opinions) to resolve complex legal issues through creative and solution-driven thinking, advice, consultation, negotiation, contract drafting, settlement, litigation, mediation, trial and appellate practice for 27 years. Call 317-297-8480 or send an email to set-up a meeting and let's see if we can work together to accomplish your goals. If I am not the right attorney for you or your legal issues I will suggest other options to help you in your search for a lawyer or law firm to meet your needs. Working from a virtual office, Dave strives to keep costs low for flexibility in fee structuring.
Client-Focused and Solution-Oriented
In addition to dozens of years of trial, litigation and business consulting experience on large and small matters, Dave Tipton has actively managed small businesses and understands the challenges facing business owners and managers, let alone when complicated by unfamiliar or challenging legal issues. Understanding how quickly litigation matters can become expensive undertakings, Dave advises his clients on ways to minimize the chances of litigation and continuously reminds his clients in litigation of the risks, costs and benefits involved in each step of the legal proceeding, and suggests realistic options along the way, so you--the client--can make informed decisions through an often complicated and sometimes frustrating process. Dave was mentored to always pay close attention to detail while never losing sight of the big picture, and to always look for the simple, as well as the not so obvious, solutions to resolving disputes. Click on the business card to the right to contact Dave today.
Dave Tipton concentrates his practice* of law in the commerical, business and real estate arenas, which encompass a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Business disputes including breach of contract
- Business advice, contract drafting and LLC formation
- Business torts (civil wrongs creating claims for damages) including unfair competition, fraud, defamation, civil theft, interference with contract and abuse of process
- Commercial, contract and real estate disputes
- Debtor/Creditor including foreclosure, creditor representation in bankruptcy court, lender liability and commercial lease disputes
- Golf course and golf business representation
- Environmental including liability insurance coverage and bad faith
- Florida law counsel
- Professional liability
- Employment including whistleblower claims
* "Practice" seems an odd term for lawyers representing clients; in my exprerience the lights are always on, the bell has rung, the game clock is ticking, and it is all real all the time--none of it is "practice."
CLICK HERE to read about Dave's legal and business experience and/or to download Dave's CV.
Working from an Indianapolis base (and formerly from a Bradenton, Florida base), Dave Tipton serves as counsel throughout Indiana and Florida. Dave has taken depositions or participated in legal proceedings across the country from Miami to New York City, from Dallas to Minneapolis, from Los Angeles to San Francisco, and many points in between.
Contact Dave Tipton for more info